It was bound to happen - I have lost/misplaced my old-faithful red point-and-shoot camera. I've remembered when and where I last saw it and have thoroughly searched in all the places I usually put it - but so far to no avail. Not wishing to demean very real human tragedy, my feeling suggest how people who have "lost" a loved one must feel - I am always subconsciously thinking that maybe I will see it again in front of me at any time.
But for this particular lost camera, no worries. Now I can concentrate on using my iPhone for quick snapshots and on learning to use my "big camera" - now to be known as "my camera".
I read in today's New York Times that phones are good for landscapes and portraits in bright, even light. So here's a "landscape" -
- hmm, I don't think the light was bright enough.
Thinking back to my first post, here's another in my "houses I have lived in" series. Our current house is known as "The Palace" - not that you can gather why from the outside!
As for recording activities, Jack and I did our Earth Day thing by volunteering for the annual Clean Up Lord's Point Beaches event, held on the Saturday closest to Earth Day. It was pouring rain yesterday, so we got our assignment -- Open Way Beach, a garbage bag, and payment of a fresh doughnut, together with the clarification that we could do it when the rain stopped, and no, we weren't expected to remove seaweed - just people-made trash.
Today I can report that Open Way Beach is clear of all trash -- here's my stash -- and Jack found a crushed beer can.
 |
| That's ALL that I found - and I looked very carefully. |
We live on a very clean beach- except for the winter pile-upof seaweed, which remains.
Clearing it is a task for a different crew!
hmm, point and shoot last seen on this blog taking pics at Easter dinner. did it get left behind?
ReplyDelete